Giving back is not just about making a donation, it’s about making a difference, and finding ways to contribute to our global community.
We live in an ever changing world, with lots of challenges and yet, the best of humanity is when we all come together and work for a common cause.
Positive change is something we can all contribute to, and Michelle is passionate about playing her part.
Every year, Michelle and her company, Change Meridian, donate a percentage of profits to not for profit organisations around the world. Deciding on who to support is determined by selecting a range of organisations from different quarters of the globe that do amazing work.
- Animal welfare: because all animals deserve to be treated with respect and dignity and with many species disappearing at an alarming rate, we need to do more!
- Planet earth: If we don’t take responsibility for the planet that we live on, then who will?
- Education: Education fosters success. It’s the key to helping break the poverty cycle and to helping people be the best they can be.
- Health: Because it is our basic human right to be adequately cared for and looked after especially in war ravaged countries where support is needed the most.
Based on these areas of interest, the three not for profit organisations Michelle currently supports are:
- The Smith Family – A national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians and children to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
- World Wide Fund (WWF) – WWF is one of Australia’s most trusted conservation organisations who work in Australia and in the Asia-Pacific to protect endangered species and habitats, meet the challenge of climate change, and build a world where people live in harmony with nature.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) – An international humanitarian medical non-governmental organisation of French origin best known for its projects in conflict zones and in countries affected by endemic diseases.